- 3D PRINTING
- HOME AUTOMATION
- INTERNET OF THINGS
- KIDS & EDUCATION
- RECYCLING & UPCYCLING
- YOUNG MAKERS (< 18)
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- OPEN SOURCE
- NEW MANUFACTURING
- WELLNESS & HEALTHCARE
- ENERGY & SUSTAINABILITY
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
- 3D SCANNING
- CULTURAL HERITAGE
- MUSIC & SOUND
- ARTISANS & NEW CRAFT
- FASHION & WEARABLES
- STEAM PUNK
Attenzione: Questa pagina è in continuo aggiornamento
Matteo Francavilla, Mauro Marone, Paolo Marasco, Massimo Monteleone
Present position: Researcher in Organic Chemistry at UNIFG, Department of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Science; ASN in CHIM06 and CHIM07; Responsible of STAR*Facility Centre; Lecturer in “Organic Chemistry”, “General Chemistry” and “Biomass and Biorefinery”.
Laurea cum laude in Organic Chemistry, University of Rome “La Sapienza” (2002), PhD in Sustainable Agro-Ecosystems, University of Foggia (2008), Master in Natural Organic Compounds, University of Rome “La Sapienza” (2008). Research fellow at the Institute of Marine Sciences, National Research Council, in Lesina (FG) from 2004 to 2007. Not permanent Research Scientist at the same Institute from 2007 to 2012. Researcher (RTDa and RTDb) at Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science, University of Foggia, since May 2012.
Main topics of his research activity are: biomass valorisation (including micro and macroalgae) by means extraction, purification and characterization of fine chemicals, bioactive compounds and biomaterials with a Biorefinery approach; In vitro studies on micro and macroalgae. Currently, his research interests are also addressed towards platform compounds and biofuels production from biomass.
• 2006 CNR’s Member in the preparatory workshop “The impact of biochemicals and infochemicals on trophic dynamics and nutrient cycling in planktonic food webs” (DYNAPLAN, an EUROCORES programme), organised by European Science Foundation. Brussels, 22-23 November 06
• 2009 Member of Energy Task Force of “Deputy's Office for the Economic Activities, Energy and European Policies” of Foggia Province for the project “Sviluppo e gestione sostenibili della produzione energetica da fonti rinnovabili nella Provincia di Foggia”
• 2009 Partner and Member of Scientific and Technical Committee of BIO2-XYGEN, a Spin-off of University of Foggia
• 2009 Teacher of “Extraction in bulk of Fine Chemicals from microalgae by means of organic solvents” at University of Foggia (a course of 70 hours).
• 2010 Teacher of “Applications of Fine Chemicals extracted from microalgae in animal zootechnics” at University of Foggia (a course of 70 hours).
• 2011 Project Leader of MADLENA (MAcroalghe Della laguna di LEsina: potenziali sorgenti di prodotti NAturali di uso farmaceutico e alimentare- Macroalgae of Lesina Lagoon: potential source of natural compounds for pharmaceutics and foods), a project funded by Cassa di Risparmio di Puglia Foundation.
• 2011 Research Visitor at University of Cordoba (Spain), Department of Organic Chemistry to carry out the project “ Valorisation of macroalgae into high added value chemicals and natural bio-templates” (8th October 2011 – 8th December 2011)
• 2012 Research Visitor at University of Almerìa (Spain), Department of Chemical Engineering to carry out a training/collaboration about “ Use of technologically advanced systems for microalgae production” (4th February 2012 – 31st March 2012)
• 2012 WP leader (•WP3: Upgrading of R&D Equipment) of STAR* AgroEnergy 7FP project (http://www.star-agroenergy.eu)
• 2013 Leader of a Research Unit for “Production, Extraction and Purification of Phytosterols from Microalgae by means Supercritical Fluid Extraction” in the context of National Research Project PON art.13 PRO.FUN.FOOD (innovative technological and clinical protocols for functional food production)
• 2013 up today Responsible of STAR*Facility Centre, University of Foggia
• 2014-2018 Management Committee Member of Cost Action FP 1603 (Valorisation of lignocellulosic biomass side streams for sustainable production of chemicals, materials & fuels using low environmental impact technologies) and Deputy Work Group Leader (WG1: Pretreatment of Lignocellulosics)
• 2015-2018 of RAMBIO (Reuse of Anaerobic Digestion Effluent for Microalgae Biorefinery). Regional Call: Future in Research 2014. Individual fellowship (three years) for yang researchers in Apulian University.
• 2015 up today Lecturer in “General Chemistry” at University of Foggia, Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science.
Matteo Francavilla is author of 39 papers published on International Journals, a book chapter and and 30 abstracts (posters and oral communications) at International Congresses and Meetings and National Conferences and Meetings.
MG Ciliberti, M Albenzio, M Francavilla, G Neglia, L. Esposito and M. Caroprese. Extracts from Microalga Chlorella sorokiniana Exert an Anti-Proliferative Effect and Modulate Cytokines in Sheep Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell. ANIMALS (2019), vol 9(2), 45.
Jindřichová B, Burketová L, Montoneri E, Francavilla M. Biowaste-derived hydrolysates as plant disease suppressants for oilseed rape. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION (2018), vol. 183, p. 335-342, ISSN: 0959-6526, doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.02.112
G Fascella, E Montoneri, M Francavilla. Biowaste versus fossil sourced auxiliaries for plant cultivation: The Lantana case study. Journal of Cleaner Production (2018), 185 DOI10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.02.242
A Zabaniotou, R Dimitris, MK Delivand, M Francavilla, A Libutti, AR Cammerino, M Monteleone. Conceptual vision of bioenergy sector development in Mediterranean regions based on decentralized thermochemical systems. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments (2017), 23, 33-47
V Andreotti, A Chindris, G Brundu, D Vallainc, M Francavilla, J Garcìa. Bioremediation of aquaculture wastewater from Mugil cephalus (Linnaeus, 1758) with different microalgae species. Chemistry and Ecology (2017), DOI: 10.1080/02757540.2017.1378351
M Francavilla, S Intini, L Luchetti, R Luque. Tunable microwave-assisted aqueous conversion of seaweed-derived agarose for the selective production of 5-hydroxymethyl furfural/levulinic acid Green Chemistry (2016), 18 (22), 5971-5977
M.G Morgese, E. Mhillaj, M. Francavilla, M. Bove, L. Morgano, P. Tucci, L. Trabace, S. Schiavone Chlorella sorokiniana Extract Improves Short-Term Memory in Rats. Molecules (2016), 21 (10), 1311-1328
R. Nistico, P. Evon, L. Labonne, G. Vaca‐Medina, E. Montoneri, M. Francavilla, C. Vaca‐Garcia, G. Magnacca, F. Franzoso, M. Negre. Extruded Poly (ethylene–co–vinyl alcohol) Composite Films Containing Biopolymers Isolated from Municipal Biowaste. Chemistry Select (2016), 1 (10), 2354-2365
M. Francavilla, L. Beneduce, G. Gatta, E. Montoneri, M. Monteleone, D. Mainero. Waste cleaning waste: Ammonia abatement in bio-waste anaerobic digestion by soluble substances isolated from bio-waste compost. Biochemical Engineering Journal (2016), doi:10.1016/j.bej.2016.02.015.
M. Francavilla, P. Kamaterou, S. Intini, M. Monteleone, A. Zabaniotou. Cascading microalgae biorefinery: Fast pyrolysis of Dunaliella tertiolecta lipid extracted-residue Algal Research (2015), 11, 184-193.
M. Francavilla, P. Manara, P. Kamaterou, M. Monteleone, A. Zabaniotou. Cascade approach of red macroalgae Gracilaria gracilis sustainable valorization by extraction of phycobiliproteins and pyrolysis of residue. Bioresource Technology (2015), DOI: 10.1016/j.biortech.2014.10.147.