Make Faire Rome – The European Edition 2019: what will you bring this year in order to mesmerize the audience?
Maker Faire Rome – The European Editi is a great celebration of invention, open to all forms of applied creativity therefre from the most serious to the most imaginative projects, from new technologies to traditional arts and crafts.
We can’t wait for your submission!
Exhibiting at Maker Faire Rome means high visibility , lots of fun, business contacts and networking with fellow makers from all over the world (61 countries).
For this reason, we particularly encourage creative, innovative, funny, interactive, educational projects, made with passion and skills.
What we are we looking for:
When makers want to meet the market, the world of scientific rasearch and even potential investors, then exhibit at Maker Faire Rome it’s a must! Therefore submitting the Calls is crucial!
- Innovative craftsmen: for fashion and design, but also high quality craft products and any process involving hand-making.
- Food and agriculture: (agro-tech, rural innovation, automation, monitoring).
- Robotics and intelligent machines: from wheel robots to animatronics, from humanoids to Goldberg machines, from artificial intelligence to industrial automation.
- Health and quality of life: projects for improving life of disabled people, biomedical products, accessories for sport, projects about human body.
- Art, interaction and games: projects using light, darkness, sound, music; robotic art, creative coding, musical instruments, virtual reality and interactive installations.
- Science, chemistry, engineering: science exhibits and experiments, laboratories and shows for kids and adults.
- Sustainability, Circular Economy, Bioeconomy, Green TECH, Smart Energy Green Building:from renewables to upcycling, from recycling of materials to repair culture, from water and environment, from green architecture and smart mobility.
Open Source: from Open Source Hardware (OSHW) to Open Design, collaboration and sharing has always been one of the key points of maker movement
- Large-scale projects: innovative or playful, static or moving, sculptural or technologic, giant projets are always the great attraction that visitors always remember.
- FabLab & Community: maker laboratories, gathering places for experimentation, maker groups and communities about technologies and creativity.
- Spaceflight and its applications: ideas, technologies and prototypes for a more valuable exploitation on ground and in flight of space environment benefits and for a more effective, both human and robotic, exploration of the Solar System
And even more: you can participate also if you have something to share by relling and you’re willing to teach your skills and your experience:
You can participate in several ways:
- Projects worth exhibiting: selected applicants will be given a pre-set free booth (table + chairs) inside the exhibiting halls, strategically located so to be visited by the large audience that attend Maker Faire Rome right for the sake of discovering interesting projects.
- Amazingly entertaining presentations: selected applicants will be given a free room (or a stage) to give project presentation/speech, tell a story, engage the audience in the issue they are keen to discuss.
- Super cool workshops: selected applicants will be assigned a workshop area where they could hold interactive sessions and engage participants – adults and / or children – in “hands on” activities.
- Performances: selected applicants will be given a free space (or a stage) for them to perform in creative, technological, robotic, musical, pyrotechnic performance.
Things to know:
- Selected projects will enjoy free participation!
- Sale will be allowed.
- Applications will be evaluated by the curators.
- The standard exhibit includes a schell scheme booth with two tables and two chairs, but we also have a dark room for projects using light in a spectacular way; a large drones stage. We also have outdoor space of various sizes for larger scale attractions.
- After the public gates close, the Maker Networking Party will begin, the largest gathering of European makers!