Calls open: Makers, Schools, Universities and Research Institutes Time until 15 June to submit projects!
All Calls gor #MFR18 are open for the sixth edition of the “Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition” which will be held at the Fiera di Roma from 12 to 14 October 2018.
Maker Faire Rome is the event in which the digital revolution is changing the way in which we produce.
Threfore, it is the ideal place for companies and innovators.
In fact, over a period of a few years, the event has become a vital reference point for:
- innovators ,
- start uppers,
- digital artisans,
- business people
The main topics of the sixth edition
The main topics of the 2018 edition Calls are numerous, involving among them:
- Iot and Electronic Industry,
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data,
- Smart Robotics
- Smart Manufacturing,
- Intelligent Mobility,
Calls: All of them
The Call for Makers, technology enthusiasts, educators, thinkers, innovators, SMEs, engineers, authors, artists, chefs, artisans, designers, farmers, researchers, start uppers, in other words all those who create and amaze with the strength of their ideas, is open.
The projects selected will participate in the Maker Faire 2018 free of charge. All useful information on the Call for Makers are available here
The Call for Schools opened on 7 March and will close on 15 June in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research.
Aim is to promote innovative projects thought up in schools in the European Union.
All of the projects selected will be unveiled to the public, described and relaunched in daily newspapers and on radio and television.
However the constant commitment of all the teachers who contribute daily to bringing out the skills and qualities of their students will also a topic.
Particularly with specific regard to the training of teachers on the technologies of Industry 4.0 and digital technologies in general.
To submit candidatures and consult the regulations ( travel and accommodation expenses for the schools selected are well wcplaines), see the website.
The Call for Universities and Research Institutes
The objective of the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2018” is to put innovation in the spotlight, by spreading the digital culture and the development of individual and collective businesses.
A qualified jury, then, will select the most innovative ideas and all of the projects chosen will be valorised by the media
Waiting for Maker Faire Rome
Maker Faire Rome is an event preceded by “topical” initiatives during the course of the year. Some of these – all having Calls – are:
- FinTech Innovation (2-3 May, Parco della Musica Auditorium, free entrance), two days to increase awareness on the main technological innovations in the finance sector for microbusinesses, freelance professionals, small and medium businesses, large businesses, Public Administrations, banks and other financial operators.
- Data Driven Innovation (18-19 May at Roma Tre University): not a classical conference on the world of Data Science, but a full immersion on the innovative aspects of data in all sectors of society and the economy. In an increasingly digital society.
- European Maker Week (12-19 May): for spreading the maker culture and awareness of the movement, through the realisation of events throughout the 28 countries in the EUpromoted by the DG Connect of the European Commission